Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 Years Later... and still having fun (getting lost)


It has now been officially 2 years since I took on this travelling professor role.


Reflecting back, what have I learned?? Getting lost is not a negative aspect to travelling... it is something that I now look forward to.


Sometimes, it's the only way that I get to see the non tourist parts of the cities that I am visiting. I like to think that I've been lost in some of the best places, and by complete accident - found some really unique things.


This next week I will be off to Palo Alto, CA. My goal is to get from the Airport to my hotel - with nothing except a mental picture of where my hotel is in regards to the San Francisco Airport, and the street address of my hotel.


With a few extra hours padded into my travel schedule (for unplanned detours), I am quite excited about what I may see.


Will keep you posted.



No comments: